Located on a beautiful tree-lined block on East 78th Street, off Park Avenue, this 8-story townhouse has magnificent scale and grandeur across all 14-rooms. Built circa 1930, this 88 foot deep house was designed by legendary New York architects Delano and Aldrich. The residence has been meticulously maintained and its period details have been carefully restored. The property has the rare fortune of having double exposures in many principal rooms and there are floor to ceiling double-hung windows facing South and West providing unparalleled light. With approximately 11,000 square feet of interior square footage, the home also enjoys multiple outdoor spaces, which include a private garden off the first level, lovely terraces off the dining room and off the 7th floor, and a roof-deck with full Southern sun.
There are 8 bedrooms, each with private baths, and 8 fireplaces. A large Chef's kitchen has custom cabinetry, top-of-the-line appliances and ample room for dining. In addition, there is a full-size gym and a Pilates studio with a separate massage room. A graceful elliptical staircase soars to a vast skylight allowing an abundance natural light through the core of the home, bathing the residence in extraordinary light throughout. There is elevator access to all floors and central air-conditioning with individual room control. There is also wine storage for 600 bottles. Delano & Aldrich originally formed a partnership in 1903 and secured commissions from the Rockefellers, Stokes, and Winthrop families. Their form of architecture adapted conservative Georgian and Federal styles for their townhouses, churches, and schools, mixing the classical orders of architecture with their level of modern imagination. Delano & Aldrich had clients such as the Knickerbocker, Colony, and Union Clubs, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the American Embassy in Paris.